On of the features Open Workbench offers which MS Project does not, is the categorisation of Views into Groups for easy reference.
The Groups which are installed by default are the Favorites, Planning, Executing, Controlling and Filters & Sorts Groups.
You can re-order the Groups, change their names, add new Groups and move Views within Groups using the Libraries dialog box. To launch the Libraries dialog box, click on Manage Library on the Project Ribbon (Open Workbench 2.0) or select View -> View Library from the pull-down menu (Open Workbench 1.1.6). Either way, you’ll end up with the Libraries dialog box:
Within the View Library, you can:
- Add a new Group by selecting Groups and then clicking the Add button.
- Add a View to a Group by selecting the Group and clicking the Add button. This will bring up a standard File Open dialog box, allowing you to navigate to your View file. When you select a View file and click Open, it will add the View to your selected Group.
- Remove a Group by selecting it and clicking Remove. This will also remove from your Library all of the Views within the Group (although it will not delete the View files from your computer hard drive, so they can be added back in should you desire).
- Remove a View from your Library by highlighting it and clicking Remove (this will not delete the View files from your computer hard drive, so they can be added back in should you desire).
- Edit a View by selecting it and clicking Edit.
If you try to add a View to a Group which is already a member of another Group, you will be given a choice of which Group you want the View to belong in. A View cannot be a member of multiple Groups.
The Help file contains more detailed information about working with the View Library.